Are you a McAfee Antivirus user? Are you facing a problem with McAfee antivirus? then you can follow the steps to fix the problems. Just uninstall McAfee from windows or mac device, then reinstall it. In most of the cases, maximum problems are resolved by doing this.
Steps to Uninstall Mcafee from MAC
- Open Spotlight. Click the magnifying glass-shaped icon in the top-right corner of the screen to do so. A search bar will open in the middle of the screen.
- Search for Terminal. Type terminal into the search bar in the middle of the screen.
- OpenTerminal. Once it appears, double-click the Terminal result. This will open the Terminal window.
- Enter the uninstall command. Type in sudo/Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh and press return.
- Enter your administrator password if prompted. If you see a “Password” line appear, type in the password that you use to log into your Mac’s administrator account, then press return.
- Follow any on-screen prompts. While the uninstall command should prompt McAfee to begin uninstalling automatically, you may have to confirm the uninstallation by navigating through a pop-up window.
- Restart your computer. Once McAfee indicates that is has been uninstalled successfully, you’ll want to restart your computer to complete the process:
- Click the Apple menu
- Press on Shut Down…
- Click Shut Down when prompted.
Uninstalling the McAfee by using McAfee product removal tool:
- Download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool.
- Wait for the utility to be downloaded.
- Once the utility has been downloaded, navigate to the directory on your computer you downloaded it to, locate MCPR.exe and double-click on it to launch it.
- If you see a warning message or are asked for confirmation, click on Continue, Yes or Run (whichever applies in your case).
- Click on Next, and then on the next screen, select Agree and then click on Next.
- On the Security Validation screen, solve the captcha by typing the alphanumeric string of characters exactly as you see them in the image, and then click on Next. Security Validation prevents users from running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool accidentally.
- MCPR will begin uninstalling the McAfee product(s) from your computer. All you need to do now is wait for it to work its magic – it will display a Removal complete message when it is